We collect personal information from our clients in the regular course of doing business. This page answers some of your most frequently asked questions, and lets you know exactly how we’re protecting the information you entrust to us.
What personal information do you collect about me?
We collect the following information about you:
- address, postal codes and telephone numbers
- customer demographics
- customer financial information (including credit card numbers)
- purchase history and product preferences
- customer opinions, interests and hobbies
When you visit our web site, we also collect:
- information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of operating system and browser you use, and your computer’s location
- what pages you visit on our site and what links you click on
- what other sites you’ve visited recently
How do you use this information?
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
- to complete a sale or transaction with you
- to verify your credit, if necessary
- to deliver products directly to you
- to limit the possibility of fraud when we process your returns
If it’s a necessary part of any of these transactions, we may disclose your information to another company. For example, we pass on your name and address to a courier company to complete a delivery. Under no circumstance will we sell your personal information.
We also use your personal information for other, secondary reasons, including:
- customer service
- to administer a loyalty program
We will also disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction we assume you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask you for personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no. Saying no is called opting out. By opting out, you can tell us not to collect the information.
How do I opt out?
All email correspondence from us includes an option to opt-out in the footer.
How do I get more information?
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about your personal information. If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org